Monterey Hand & Wrist Specialists
Monterey’s Expert Hand & Wrist Surgeon and Specialist in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Steven Moore, MD 831-655-4263 | Put Your Hands in His Good Hands
About Dr. Moore
Dr. Moore is a Kansas
native and attended
Kansas State University
where he graduated with
a degree in Biology. In
1978, he graduated from
the University of Kansas
School of Medicine and went on to study Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Kansas, completing his five-year residency in 1983. He then studied one year under Dr. Lee W. Milford,
Jr., completing a Fellowship in Surgery of the
Hand at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1984.
From 1984 to 1986, Dr. Moore served in the U.S. Army as a Major in the Medical Corps and was stationed at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii as Chief of the Hand Surgery Service in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery. Upon completing his tour of duty in 1986, he entered private practice in Modesto, California, where he practiced for twenty years.
In 2004 he was recruited to practice in Monterey, California and began commuting to and from Modesto. In 2006 Dr. Moore elected to move his practice full-time to the Monterey Peninsula.
Board of Certification
• Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery in 1986.
• Awarded the Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand (Sub-Specialty Certification) in 1988.
• Re-certified in Orthopedic Surgery and in Surgery of the Hand in 1996 and 2007.
• Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery through 2016.
• Sub-Specialty Certification with a Certificate
of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand through 2016.
• Active member of the American Academy
of Orthopedic Surgery since 1988.
• Active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand since 1989.
• Member of the California Orthopedic Association, the California Medical Society,
and the Monterey County Medical Society.
• Member of the Medical Staff at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, Natividad Medical Center, and Monterey Peninsula Surgery Center.
Steven Moore, MD 19 Upper Ragsdale Drive, Suite 150, Monterey, CA 93940, 831-655-4263